City of Glens Falls, New York
Water and Sewer Department
Downtown Green Infrastructure at Elm Street Parking Lot
May 22, 2020
This notice is being distributed due to construction activity scheduled to start on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at the Elm Street Parking Lot. Construction activities are aimed at improving stormwater drainage facilities and water quality. Activities include, but may not be limited to:
- Removal of asphalt pavement, concrete sidewalk, and concrete curb
- Pipe removal and replacement
- Drywell removal and replacement
- Trenching and backfilling
- Stormwater bioretention filter installation
- Landscaping / lawn restoration
- Asphalt paving
- Concrete sidewalk and curb installation
The parking lot will remain open to the public, however certain areas may be restricted to vehicles and pedestrians in order to complete the work and maintain public safety.
Construction activities will take place between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Completion of the work is anticipated to be on or before August 1, 2020.
The City requests your patience and understanding during this time of much needed improvements. We will strive to minimize disruptions and inconveniences. Please direct any questions or concerns to the City’s Water & Sewer Department by calling (518) 761-3850 during normal business hours.