- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -
Media Contact: Publicist Kate Austin-Avon of Advokate, email@example.com, (518) 353-2121
Glens Falls Announces Restaurant Bingo
GLENS FALLS — The Glens Falls Collaborative, with support from the City of Glens Falls and the Business Improvement District, has just announced Restaurant Bingo, launching on Monday, January 18, and running to February 28, 2021. Folks can print out the card at home, mark the restaurants they patronize, and once they have five in a row, email in their bingo card along with receipts/proof of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter.
Each week there will be a drawing to win a $20 gift card from one Glens Falls restaurant, a different one at random each week. A grand prize winner from all entries will be chosen on March 1, 2021, to be awarded a “staycation” gift certificate for an overnight stay and breakfast for two at the Queensbury Hotel.
This is a reprise of the Restaurant Bingo done in Spring 2020 when many restaurants were forced to go to all take-out or even close. A restaurant can still be patronized and marked on the bingo card if a gift certificate is purchased in this time period. Most closed restaurants are still selling gift certificates.
“We know this has been a trying time for many local businesses, and we wanted to do something to help the restaurants out,” says Amy Collins, the City of Glens Falls’ Director of Tourism and Business Development.
“We felt it was important to do something that wasn’t going to make more work for any of the businesses, but would still be fun for people to do,” says Nancy Turner, Secretary of the Glens Falls Collaborative. “So this will be one way to support the restaurants, because you can still buy a gift card and play the game, even if a restaurant has temporarily closed due to the pandemic.”
The bingo card can be found in the following locations:
Questions may be directed to Amy Collins at 518-761-3864.
Joining the Glens Falls Collaborative in 2021
The Glens Falls Collaborative is currently accepting new members. This year, the Collaborative’s membership letter lists its 2020 accomplishments, in light of the pandemic:
- Last Spring when the shutdown first happened, we sprang into action and compiled a list of businesses that were open, and kept it updated for weeks.
- We then held a Restaurant BINGO.
- While Wing Fest, Take A Bite and FitFest were canceled, we continued to market Glens Falls online and in print, in a close ongoing working relationship with the City of Glens Falls.
- We have promoted members and Glens Falls in general on our Downtown Glens Falls Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- We created sandwich boards around downtown that say “Glens Falls is OPEN!”
- We designed and printed a new version of our map, and distributed 8,000 copies this past year.
- Boo2You gave the community a reason to get out of the house and view homes that were part of a Halloween House Decorating Contest with 27 participants and nearly 700 votes! First, Second and Third places received Gift Cards to the Glens Falls Collaborative business/organization of their choice.
- Our “Ghost” Scavenger Hunt was well received as well, with all participants receiving Gift Cards to Glens Falls Collaborative businesses/organizations of their choice.
- Hometown Holidays offered residents a virtual tree lighting that was collaborated with the City of Glens Falls.
- We also organized a “SANTA” parade through neighborhoods that many families turned out for and enjoyed a socially distanced event. Our Santa mailbox, that was located on the front steps of City Hall, received well over 50 letters from children. All of which were recognized by Santa either on our FaceBook page or, if a return address was included, they received a letter from Santa.
- Throughout the month of December families were able to choose their favorite Holiday Decorated House. This event had 28 participants, with the first, second and third place winners receiving Gift Cards to the Glens Falls Business/organization of their choice.
- Another Restaurant BINGO is being offered through the end of February with winners each week.
Memberships are $240, and this year a monthly payment plan is being offered at $20 per month. Join online at www.glensfallscollaborative.com.
# # #
Interviews are available with Amy Collins and Nancy Turner.